Using brake fluid to strip paint

So Friday I put about 50 minis into a pitcher of brake fluid and left them overnight. Hit them with a brush under running water this afternoon and had no issues. Sort of a drag it didn’t eat the model RR balast I had used to base them originally. So spent another two hours remounting them on new bases. The process darkened the plastic a little. But I don’t see any loss of detail on them.

It was sort of sad when I got to the first mini I’d painted though. But my original paint job on my Black Templars was craptastic and this is about the only way they’ll see the table again.

Should get the remaining parts got my Long Fangs on Monday. And then there us a whole lot of priming to do.

Advertisements

About clt40k

This blog is here to capture my obsession with painting little plastic men... You NEVER really get over being 11...
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s