So a couple of folks up at the FLGS are looking to play more 1500 pt games (we normally play 2k) So I figured the list below would be fun and pretty well balanced…
- Rune Priest – Chooser of the Slain, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane (110 pts)
- 1x – 7 Grey Hunters – Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Powerfist, Rhino – PMSB (195 pts)
- 2x – 5 Grey Hunters – Razorback w/ TL Las (150 pts)
- 3x – Rifleman Dread (125 pts) Fast 1x Landspeeder – Typhoon w/ Multi Melta (100 pts)
- 3x Long Fang pack – 5 Missile Launcher (140 pts)
So, I know I’m going to be hurting a bit against AV 14 with only 2 melta and 2 lascannons to deal with the threat.. but if my opponent is running a big rock army, I can also dedicate 17 missiles to the problem in order to stun it immobile and then torrent whatever comes out…
- The Rune priest will sit in the rhino and kick out psy defense and lots of str 7 shots.
- I haven’t ran the MoTW before, so I’m hoping it will be ‘value added’
- The rifleman dread are there because I just got 3 sets of arms from FW and I think it will be fun to shoot them at transports or Nids.
- 7 Grey Hunter pack is for hitting things and keeping the Rune Priest company
- The Razorbacks and troops are for objective sitting and fire support
- Speeder is for suicide melta, long range meltas, objective grabs, and general speeder stuff.
- Long Fangs are there cause I think they’re fluffy and fun…
- The Rhino has a PMSB out of tradition – I got some turrets from FW for a chimera but the new kits made them redundant… so I put them on my rhinos like a poor man’s razorback…
Where I’m having some debate is around the second Grey Hunter Razorback squad. One will be on station with a TL Las to do long range support. The second may be needed for objective taking so I’m thinking about replacing the TL Las for something else… Prob Las/Plas…. but I think I have a ton of killy stuff in the list already so I’m thinking about running a TL Assault Cannon instead (also, I have that bit already) Thought process being that with 17 Missile Shots and 12 TL Autocannon shots every turn that can go at 9 diff targets I should not be hurting for firepower….
For you guys out there that play a lot of games at 1500…. do you see anything out there that I’ll really struggle with or see any huge issues (other than the lack of melta)?