OK, so Saturday I got a game in with my Codex 1500 list. Here’s what I’m running….
- 2x Full Tac squads (ML/Flamer) in Razorbackwith TL Las
- 2x Dreadnought w/ 2x TL Autocannons
- 3x Landspeeder Typhoons
- 3x Autocannon/Las Predators
My buddy Terry took….
- 3 Full Tac Squads
- TH/SS Termie Squad in a Redeemer
- Ven Dread with MM/CCW
We set up the table with good LOS blocking stuff smack dab in the center…
Mission – annihilation
Setup – Table Quarters
I pretty much castled up in the back of my table quarter around a ruined building. The two missile launcher squads set up in the building and the tanks and dreads were deployed in an L around the back edge. I figured I had much better range, so he’d have to deploy as far forward as he could. Terry deployed as far forward as he could.
- Turn I -I moved the speeders up in order to take two melta shots at his LR (both hit, taking his MM and his Assault Cannon), his dread loses an arm, 2 rhinos are immobile, one destroyed. My speeders get melta’d 😦
- Turn II – His LR eats it from a TL Las. Termies come out and start heading towards my lines through cover. They make every save
- Turn III – Their luck expires and he has no more termies.
- Turns IV – VI – Mopping up.. he wanted to keep going… so I shot his marines a lot. Game ends with handful of tac Marines about 20″ away from my lines.
So, in my opponent’s defense, he had cover pretty much all game. He did a really good job keeping his stuff protected…. He just didn’t have enough of a counter threat once the LR and VenDread were down.