Did a couple of test pieces for my Brettonian Archers… I’m pretty happy with how they came out… definitely gave me some clue about how to go about painting them. I want to make sure they all have a different look.. So in painting them I would go color by color and just paint different stuff on each guy… Given that fact that this will be repeated over 60+ models, I think it will work fine as long as I make sure I put some variation in the base colors I’m working with
Second bit was I wanted to see how much of a pain the backside it would be to knock out ten skaven clanrats at a go… So I sat down yesterday and knocked these guys out. I think that I need to take more of the same approach I took with the Bretts… Ie, change out the color series between batches so that I end up with a truly motley looking group. For XMas my wife got me a set of what she called “old main coin collecting goggles” AKA according to the box a “dual power magnifying head-visor” — They are super stong and as a test I did the Skaven eyes with them… which made the whole process super easy.