So I’ve been struggling for a while to get the weathering right for these guys. I wanted a desert look (of course) and I didn’t want to go over the top on weathering. Fist attempt (drybrushing from Scorched brown –> desert yellow) just didn’t do it… I felt like I just had too much dark on the lower portions of the vehicle… The darkness made me think the vehicle had been in muddier climates…..
So after a bunch of trial and error, here’s what I ended up with… Essentially, it’s a reallly heavy wash of the Army Painter Strong Tone, with a drybrush of Graveyard Earth. Then I went back and did chipping with Scorched earth and bolgun metal…
So, two down and 5 more to go….